Witch Hazel is a very good astringent, it might not have the best of smell but you will get us-to it over time.This astringent/toner has many uses and benefits so today i will share with you five of those benefits. Witch hazel is something i personally use and i love it, its currently the toner i use for all those who saw my post on my skincare routine you can read it Here
5 Benefits of Witch Hazel
- Witch Hazel is good with treating acne. It gets rid of the extra oil dirt and debris in the skin, after cleansing the skin put some witch hazel on a cotton ball or pad and apply to your face then add your serum or moisturizer. It also helps in shrinking your pores. If you don’t like the scent of the witch hazel you can always do half witch hazel and half lemon juice or you could add tea tree oil to it which works well.
- Shrinks varicose veins just dab some on a cotton ball and rub it over the area. You can do this several times for the day or each time you take a shower
- Helps to treat and prevent razor burns, apply the witch hazel after you have shaved let it dry then apply your deodorant or moisturizer.
- Treats sunburns soak a cloth in witch hazel and apply it to the burnt areas and give it time to soak in, you can do this several times a day if you need to.
- Cleans wounds if you have a scrape or cut you can use the witch hazel to clean and disinfect the wound.
You have different brands in witch hazel and you also have the drugstore brands, some have more alcohol than others. these are the ones that are mostly recommended.
I hope you found this info helpful and learnt something new, let me know if there are any specific beauty posts you would like me to do and what you would like to see on the blog.
Have a lovely day guys!!